Friday, February 12, 2010

Vancouver 2010 Olympics!!

I've been kinda a grinch when it came to the whole Vancouver Olympics deal lol. There's just sooo much construction and so much traffic and road closures. Im impatient when it comes to having to deal with traffic, specially unexpected delays when I need to get somewhere. I've also been hearing so many things about our economy crashing after the Olympics, so it's understandable that I was kinda annoyed at the fact that the Olympics was going to be in my hometown.

That was my thoughts until 2 days ago. Just hearing about the things that'll be happening during the Olympics got me excited. Specially LiveCity downtown, fireworks every night, live concerts, big screens showing the different sporting events...and more. I should take advantage of the fact that it's here, it's once in a lifetime. I wish I had gotten myself a ticket to at least one sporting event even though they're expensive, but I never thought I'd get excited like this hehe. This morning I woke up at 6:30 just to be able to watch the torch relay...just to be able to see it in person and to be able to get that picture hehe. It was well worth it even though it was a quick little thing. I would've enjoyed it more if me and my mom weren't standing in the rain without an umbrella, hehe...good thing I grew up in Vancouver...very used to the rain hehe. Hopefully the weather improves this week, so that all the tourists will be able to enjoy Vancouver.

No comments:

Post a Comment